All India Consumer Price Index Numbers for Industrial Workers ON BASE 2001=100 FOR THE MONTH OF APRIL, 2009
1. All India Consumer Price Index Number for Industrial Workers (CPI-IW) on base 2001=100 for the month of April, 2009 increased by 2 points and stood at 150 (one hundred and fifty).
2. During April, 2009, the index recorded maximum increase of 5 points each in Munger-Jamalpur and Jamshedpur centres, 4 points each in Giridih, Ranchi-Hatia, Ghaziabad and Quilon centres, 3 points in 15 centres, 2 points in 19 centres and 1 point in 25 centres. The index recorded a decrease of 6 points in Tiruchirapally centre, 2 points in Godarvarikhani centre and 1 point in 2 centres, while in the remaining 9 centres the index remained stationary.
3. The maximum increase of 5 points in Munger-Jamalpur centre is mainly due to increase in the prices of Rice, Arhar Dal, Vegetable & Fruit items, Sugar, Doctors’ Fee etc., in Jamshedpur centre this increase is due to Arhar Dal, Milk (Buffalo), Vegetable & Fruit items, Tea (Readymade) etc. The increase of 4 points each in Giridih, Ranchi-Hatia, Ghaziabad and Quilon centres is due to Rice, Wheat Atta, Arhar Dal, Milk (Buffalo), Vegetable & Fruit items, Sugar etc. The decrease of 6 points in Tiruchirapally centre and 2 points in Godarvarikhani centre is on account of decrease in the prices of Rice and Onion.
4. The indices in respect of the six main centres are as follows :
5. The point to point rate of inflation for the month of April, 2009 is 8.70% as compared to 8.03% in March, 2009.