OFFICE MEMORANDUM – F.No.19030/3/2008-E.IV – 23th September, 2008
Sub: Travelling Allowance Rules-Implementation of the Sixth Central Pay Commission
The undersigned in directed to say that in pursuance of the decisions taken by the Government on the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission relating to Travelling Allowance entitlements,
2. The ‘Grade Pay’ for determining the TA/DA entitlement is as indicated in Central Civil Service(Revised Pay)Rules 2008.
3. The term ‘Pay’ for the purpose of these orders refer to basic pay as defined in Rule3(8) of Central Civil Service(Revised Pay)Rules 2008 and includes the revised non-practicing allowance, if any, admissible in addition.
4. In respect of those employees who opt to continue in their pre-revised scales of pay, the corresponding Grade Pay of the pay sclaes of the post occupied on 1/1/2006 would determine the TA/DA entitlements under these orders. However, for determining the Composite Transfer Grant for such employees, the term pay shall also include, in addition to the basic pay in the pre-revised Scales,stagnation increments, Dearness Pay and NPA as per orders in force on 1/1/2006.
5.These orders shall take effect from 1st September,2008. However, if the Travelling Allowance entitlements in terms of the revised entitlements now prescribed result in a lowering of the existing entitlements in the case of any individual, groups or classes of employees, the entitlements, particularly in respect of ‘node of travel, class of accommodation, etc,. shall not be lowered. They will instead continue to be governed by the earlier orders on the subject till such time as they become eligible, in the normal course,for the higher entitlements.
6. The claims submitted in respect of journey made on or after 1st September,2008, may be regulated in accordance with these orders.
7. It may be noted that no additional funds will be provided on account of revision in TA/DA entitlements. It may therefore be ensured that permission to official travel is given judiciously and restricted only to
8. In so far as the persons serving in the Indian Audit & Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue in consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
Annexure to Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure O.M.No.19030/3/2008-E.IV dated 23rd September,2008.
In supersession of S.R.17 and G.O.I., M.F.No.10/20/98-IC& 19030/2/97-EI dated 17/4/1998, the following provisions will be applicable with effect from 1.9.2008.
2.Entitlements for Journeys on Tour
A. Travel Entitlements within the Country