GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
No. E (NG)-II/2009/RR-1/10/Pt.
New Delhi, Dated: 09.12.2010.
The General Manager (P),
All Zonal Railways/Production Units.
Sub: Recruitment of staff from open market in Pay Band-1 of Rs.5200-20200 having Grade Pay of Rs.1800/-.
Attention is invited to instructions contained in para 3(vi) of Board’s letter No. PCVI/2008/I/3/1, dated 29.10.2008 (RBE No.160/2008), interalia stating that the instructions regarding minimum educational qualification for fresh recruitment to Railway services in PB-1 Grade Pay Rs.1800 (erstwhile Group ‘D’ posts) would be issued separately by the Establishment Directorate.
2. The Ministry of Railways have decided that henceforth minimum educational qualification for recruitment in Pay Band-1 of Rs. 5,200-20,200 having Grade Pay of Rs. 1800/- will be 10th pass or ITI or equivalent. These instructions will be applicable for all future recruitment henceforth against direct recruitment quota through all modes.
3. As regards the ongoing recruitment exercises presently under way on Central Railway, Eastern Railway, East Coast Railway, East Central Railway, Northeast Frontier Railway, North Eastern Railway, North Central Railway, Southern Railway, South Western Railway and West Central Railway, the same will adhere to the prescribed minimum qualification of 8th pass as laid down vide letter No. E (NG)II/98/RR-1/107 dated 4.12.1998 (RBE No. 277/98).
4. All Railways are directed to initiate the recruitment process immediately to fill up current vacancies including anticipated vacancies for the next two years as well as resultant vacancies owing to promotion of staff to higher grades etc., excluding the vacancies worked out on the basis of prescribed percentage against ex-servicemen quota for which separate recruitment is in progress, with the revised minimum qualification of 10th pass or ITI or equivalent. Railways may also ensure filling up of Physically Handicapped quota including backlog vacancies in this recruitment exercise.
5. The Railways mentioned in Para 3 above should also initiate recruitment to fill up the vacancies accrued beyond the vacancies already notified for which recruitment is in progress.
6. All Railways should initiate the process by way of issue of notification in the national and local dailies, etc. by 15th December, 2010, positively. Candidates may be given two months time to submit their applications and candidates from Andaman & Nicobar, Lakshadweep Islands etc. will be given 15 days extra as per extant rules in response to the above notification.
7. It has further been decided that written examination will be held on the same day simultaneously by all the railways. Similarly Physically Efficiency Test (PET) will also be held during the same period simultaneously by all the Railways. These instructions should be prominently mentioned in the notification.
8. The format of application should be limited to a single page only A draft format of application form is enclosed herewith for necessary action which may be modified suitably depending on the local requirements.
9. Instructions contained in letter No. E (NG)II/96/RR-1/62/Vol.II dated 08.12.2010 regarding waiver of fee for women, minority communities and economically weaker sections will apply.
10. All General Managers are to ensure that Railway Recruitment Cells (RRCs) are strengthened sufficiently by providing accommodation, equipment, vehicles, security, manpower, etc., so that the recruitment process is completed smoothly without any problem.
Encls,: As stated.
Executive Director Estt.(N)