Revised Pay Scale for Tamil Nadu Government Employees based on the recommendation of the One Man Commission
Thiru M. Padmanabhan, B.Com.,
Additional Secretary to Governrnent.
All Secretaries to Government.
The Secretary, Legislative Assembly, Secretariat, Chennai-600 009.
The Secretary to the Governor, Chennai–32.
The Comptroller, Governors Household, Raj Bhavan, Chennai-32.
The Governor’s Secretariat, Raj Bhavan, Guindy, Chennai- 600 032.
All Departments of Secretariat (OP / Bills), Chennai – 9.
All Heads of Departments.
All Collectors / All District Judges / All Chief Judicial Magistrates.
The Accountant General (Accounts & Entitlements), Chennai- 600 018.
The Principal Accountant General (Audit.I), Chennai-600 018.
The Accountant General (Audit.II), Chennai-600 018.
The Accountant General (CAB), Chennai-600 009 / Madurai.
The Registrar General, High Court, Chennai-600 104.
The Chairman, Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission, Chennai-600 006.
The Registrar of all Universities in Tamil Nadu.
The Principal Secretary & Commissioner of Treasuries and Accounts, Chennai-15.
The Director of Pension, DMS Complex, Chennai-600 006.
The Director of Local Fund Audit, Chennai – 108.
The Pension Pay Officer, Chennai- 600 006.
The Pay and Accounts Officer, Secretariat, Chennai-9.
The Pay and Accounts Officer,( North / South / East) Chennai- 1 / 35 / 5.
The Pay and Accounts Officer, Madurai – 625 001.
All Treasury Officers / Sub-Treasury Officers.
All Commissioners of Corporations / Municipal Commissioners/ Town Panchayat
and Panchayat Union Commissioners.
Sub: Tamil Nadu Revised Scales of Pay Rules, 2009 — Revision of Scale of Pay based on the recommendation of the One Man Commission — Consequential revision of terminal benefits — Clarification — Regarding.
1. G.O.Ms.No: 234, Finance (Pay Cell) Department. dated: 1—6–2009.
2. Government letter No: 34124 / Pay Cell / 2009-1, Finance Department, Dated: 26—06–2009.
3. G.O.Ms.Nos: 254 to 338 Finance (Pay Cell) Department, Dated: 26-08-2010.
4. From the Chief Engineer (Buildings) PWD., Buildings Organisation, letter No: E3(1)/45229/2010, dated: 21—12–2010.
I am to invite your attention to the references cited.
2. In the reference second cited, among others necessary general clarification has been issued under Serial No: 8 to the effect that the employees retired between 1–1–2006 and 31–12–2006 are entitled for notional pay fixation in the revised scales of pay, the undrawn pay shall be reckoned for sanctioning pensionery benefits consequent on the implementation of the Revised Scales of Pay. Therefore, it was clarified that the difference amount of encashment of Earned Leave / Unearned Leave on Private Affairs / DCRG due
to revision of scales of pay in respect of the retirees from 1–1–2006 to 31–5–2009 shall be disbursed in three equal annual instalments as specified in the Government Order first read above.
3. In the Government Orders third read above, based on the recommendations of One Man Commission, the scales of pay of certain categories have been revised notionally with effect from 1–1–2006 and from 12—1 2–2007 with monetary benefit from 1 –8–201 0.
4. The Chief Engineer (Buildings) Public Works Department in the reference fourth cited has raised presumption that in the case of employees retired between 1–1–2006 to 31–7–2010 and between 12–12–2007 and 31—7–2010, as the case may be from the posts for which the scales of pay were revised as per the One Man Commission recommendations in the Government Orders third cited and any subsequent orders with effect from 1–1–2006 / 12—12–2007 with monetary benefit from 1–8–2010 and subsequent dates are also eligible for the difference of encashment of leave salary, DCRG and commutation of pension in three instalments as clarified in the Government letter second cited. In this connection, I am directed to confirm the above presumption.