11.10.09: BSNLEU WEB: Brief Report on the outcome of BSNL-DoT-BSNLEU Committee meeting held on 09th October, 2009
The meeting of the above committee was held under the Chairmanship of Shri J.S. Deepak,,Joint Secretary (T), DoT. From the DoT,, DDG (Estt.), DDG (SU) and DDG (TPF) were present. From BSNL,, GM (SR) and from BSNLEU Com. V.A.N. Namboodiri, General Secretary were present. The following issues were discussed:
1. Removal of anomaly in pension to those who retired within 10 months of absorption in BSNL. DoT has taken up the matter with Department of Expenditure through Department of Pension and Pensioners’’ Welfare on 01.05.2009. A reminder has been sent by DoT to DoP & PW on 27.08.2009 for expediting the matter.
2. Merger of 50% IDA for BSNL retirees – Revision of Pension of BSNL retirees. The case of 50% IDA merger for BSNL retirees before 01.01.2007 was taken by DoT with DPE & DoP & PW. Since none of them have given concurrence, no action could be taken by DoT,,who has now closed the file.Revision of Pension of BSNL retirees has been taken up by DoT.
3. Grant of Lineman Pay scale to officials qualified in the 2nd Screening test. It will be examined whether there is any discrimination after which necessary decision will be taken.
4. HRA cases 33 cases of initial grant of HRA are pending with DPE. Reminder has been sent to DPE to expedite the same. Renewal of 21 out of 24 cases received by DoT has now been issued.
5. Issue of Presidential orders Approval for presidential order in 37 circles have been accorded by DoT. Other cases will be settled when the lists are received from BSNL. BSNL assured to remind the concerned circles for details.
6. Speeding up of Disciplinary cases 239 cases out of 258 cases received by DoT are settled. 19 cases are pending which will be finalized without delay.