Government of West Bengal
Kolkata, the7th December, 2011
N O T I F I C A T I O N
In exercise of the power conferred by the explanation to Section 25 of the negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 (XXVI of 1881), read with Government of India,Ministry of Home Affairs, Notification No. 20/25/56-Pub(I)dated the 8thJune, 1957 the Governor is pleased to declare the following days to be public holidays during the year 2012.
Netaji’s Birthday: 23rd January, Monday
Republic Day: 26th January, Thursday
**Shree Panchami: 28th January, Saturday
Dol Jatra: 8th March, Thursday
Good Friday: 6th April, Friday
**Bengali New Years’ Day: 14th April, Saturday
May Day: 1st May, Tuesday
Independence Day: 15th August, Wednesday
Id-Ul-Fitre: 20th August Monday
Gandhiji’s Birthday: 2nd October, Tuesday
Mahalaya: 15th October, Monday
Ashtami: 22nd October, Monday
Nabami: 23rd October, Tuesday
Dasami: 24th October, Wednesday
**Id-Uz-Zoha: 27th October, Saturday
Lakshmi Puja: 29th October, Monday
Kali Puja: 13th November, Tuesday
Guru Nanak’s Birthday &: 28th November, Wednesday
Christmas Day: 25th December, Tuesday
(1) Sundays are holidays under the Negotiable Instruments Act.
(2) In the year 2012, the following festivals/occasions fall on Sundays which are Public Holidays under N.I. Act. and hence have not been included in the list ofholidays :
(i)Saptami of Durga Puja:21st October
(3) The holiday with double asterisk marks i.e.(**) is applicable to those Government Offices only where Saturdays is not observed as full holiday.
(4) General Instructions laid down below Notification No. 10975-F(P), dated 07.12.2011.Enclosed herewith are to be followed in case of Muslim festivals.
No. 10973-F(P) Kolkata, the 7th December, 2011
In exercise of the power conferred by the explanation to Section 25 of the Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 (XXVI of 1881) read with Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, Notification No. 20/25/56-Pub (I) dated 8th June, 1957, the Governor is pleased to declare the following days to be Public Holidays during the year 2012.
(1)Yearly closing Bank’ Account:2nd April, Monday
(2)Half-Yearly closing of Bank’s Account:29th September, Saturday
All the State Government Offices including Treasuries, Sub-Treasuries shall remain open on the 2ndApril,2012, which has been declared as Public Holidays under N.I. Act, under this Notification. However, those Government offices where Saturdays are not observed as full holidays will remain open on 29th September, 2012.
No. 10974-F(P) Kolkata, the7th December,2011
The Governor is pleased to notify that on the following days during the year 2012, which are not declared to be Public Holidays, the offices under the Government of West Bengal with the exception of the offices of the Registrar of Assurances, Kolkata and Collector of the Stamp Revenue, Kolkata shall be closed:
Birthday of Swami Vivekananda: 12th January, Thursday
Birthday of Rabindranath Tagore: 8th May, Tuesday
Birthday of Poet Bhanu Bhakt : 13th July, Friday
(For Darjeeling District only)
Janmastami : 9th August, Thursday
EXPECTED DA FROM JAN 2015 - AICPIN FOR THE MONTH OF AUG 2014 - LATEST POSITION OF DA INCREASING...
Ekadasi of Durga Puja: 25th October, Thursday
Bhatridwitiya: 15th November, Thursday
In the year 2012, Fateh Duaz Daham(5thFebruary) falls on Sunday which is Public Holiday under N.I. Act and as such the day has not been included in the above list.
No. 10975-F(P) Kolkata, the 7th December, 2011
The Governor is pleased to declare that the following days may be observed as Sectional Holidays in the year 2012 for the employees of different communities mentioned against each :-
Mahabir Jayanti: 4th April, Wednesday (for Jains only)
**Easter Saturday: 7th April, Saturday (for Christians only)
Baisakhi:13th April, Friday (for Sikhs only)
Sabe Barat:6th July, Friday (for Muslims only)
(1) In2012,Buddha Purnima (for Buddhist only) falls on 6th May which is a Sunday and a Public Holiday under N.I. Act. So, the day has not been included here.
(2) The holidays with double asterisk mark i.e. (**) are applicable to those Government Offices where Saturday is not observed as full holiday.
GENERALINSTRUCTIONSTO BE FOLLOWED IN ALL TYPES OF HOLIDAYS INCLUDING HOLIDAYS FOR THEMUSLIMFESTIVALS
(1) No substitute holiday should be allowed if any of the festival-holidays initially notified subsequently happens to fall on a weekly off or any other non-working day or in the event of more than one festival falling on the same day.
(2) If there is any change in the date of Id-Ul-Fitre, Id-Uz-Zoha, Muharram, Fateh-Duaz-Daham,Sab-e-Barat depending upon the sighting of the Moon, holiday will be declared bya separate order for the date on which the festival would be actually observed in lieu of the date originally notified as holiday for this festival.
(3) It may happen that the change of date of the above occasions has to be notified at a very short notice.
In such a situation, announcement would be made through T.V./A.I.R./Newspapers and the Heads of Departments/Offices of the State Government may take action according to such an announcement without waiting for a formal order, about the change of date.
By Order of the Governor
Joint Secretary to the Government of West Bengal