NEW PROCEDURE FOR ISSUE OF CGHS CARDS IN OTHER CITIES
The above procedure can also be followed in all other cities ‘mutatis-mutandis’ with suitable modifications. The Card making process would be centralised in the office of the AD/JD. CGHS in charge of the city.
INSTRUCTIONS REGARINDG SUBMISSION OF REQUISITIONS FOR ISSUE AND COLLECTION OF CGHS CARDS
1. Requisitions for issue of CGHS Card(s) should be sent to Additional Director(HQ) CGHS, New Delhi. They should also he duly diarised in the Administrative Section of the concerned Ministry / Department.
2. It would be the responsibility of the Ministry/Department /Autonomous bodies concerned to scrutinise the applications carefully before these are sent to the CGHS. The sponsoring authority concerned should also scrutinise the CGHS Cards collected from the CGHS (HQ) before delivery of the same to the applicant, so as to ensure that each CGHS Card(s) is in order and containing all particulars/information required to be included in the CGHS Card(s). In the case of any error being noticed, the fact should be brought to the notice of the Additional Director (HQ) CGHS, New Delhi immediately. The CGHS Card(s) should not be delivered to the applicant until the error is rectified. All applications should be thoroughly scrutinised by the Ministries etc.. for ensuring the correctness of the details furnished in the requisitions and the bonafides of the applicant.
3. The Ministry/Office concerned should nominate a representative, who will deliver the requisitions to the Office of Additional Director (HQ) CGHS. New Delhi and collect the CGHS Card(s) etc. therefrom. His/her name and designation, alongwith Identity Card Number should he indicated on the Challan slip In Form ‘C’. His/her specimen signatures on the Challan slip will also be duly attested by the Administration Section of the Ministry/Office
4. The rubber stamp indicating the name and designation of the sponsoring authority should be affixed below his/her signature on the application form, and his/her telephone number should also be Indicated to enable the Office of Additional Director (HQ) CGHS, New Delhi to contact the officer concerned over the telephone or otherwise, in case of any doubt.
5. Each Ministry/Office shall, from time to time, nominate an officer to sponsor the requisitions to be forwarded to the Office of Additional Director (HQ)CGHS, New Delhi. The name, designation and telephone no. of the sponsoring officer so appointed by the Ministry/Office concerned shall be intimated to the Office of Additional Director (HQ)CGHS. New Delhi as and when a change takes place.
6. It shall be the responsibility of the sponsoring authority / Ministry/Department/Office to ensure that the monthly CGHS contribution at
the prescribed rate Is regularly deducted from the salary bill of the CGHS beneficiary and remitted to the Government account to keep his/her CGHS membership alive and valid as CGHS is a contributory scheme.
7. It shall also be the responsibility of the Individual Central Government employee to whom the CGHS membership has been granted by issuing CGHS
card(s), to deposit his/her monthly CGHS contribution at the prescribed rate through his/her regular salary bill to keep his/her CGHS membership alive and valid.
8. It shall be the responsibility of the CGHS beneficiary to ensure that the CGHS card(s) issued to him and his/her family members are not misused in any circumstances or by any unauthorised person.