Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
New Delhi, 15th December, 2011
Subject:-Re-imbursement of rent to Government servants during their stay in State Bhavans/Guest Houses run by State Governments/Autonomous Organisations, etc.
The undersigned is directed to invite reference to this Ministry’s O.M. No. 2(39)/94-E.II(B) dated 27.10.1994 and subsequent O.M. of even number dated 19.08.2004 on the subject mentioned above. It has been represented to this Ministry that the officials, who are posted to the Centre and temporarily stay in State Bhavans/Guest Houses run by the State Govts./autonomous organizations, face hardship due to non-reimbursement of the amount of the rent paid by them equal to 10% of their basic pay.
2. The matter has been considered and it has been decided that, in supersession of the instructions as contained in the O.Ms referred to above, the officials who are posted to the Centre and temporarily stay in State Bhavans/Guest Houses run by the State Govts./autonomous organizations, may be reimbursed the amount of rent paid by them or the HRA admissible to them, whichever is less, subject to fulfilment of the following conditions:
(a) the official has applied for accommodation of his entitlement, subject to exception of cities as specified in para 4(a)(ii) of O.M. No.2(37)-E.II(B)/64 dated 27.11.1965 as amended from time to time but has not been allotted residential accommodation by the Government:
(b) the concerned Guest House should be located at the place of posting of the official: and
(c) the official must have stayed in State Bhavans Guest Houses run by the State Govt./autonomous organization and submit rent receipts in support of payment of rent.
3. The amount paid as rent in excess of admissible HRA. if any, will have to be borne by the official concerned on his own.
4. These orders shall be effective from the date of issue.
5. In so far as the persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue in consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
6. Hindi version is attached.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India