In Lok Sabha the Minister of Communications and Information Technology informed that the Sixth Central Pay Commission recommendations are exclusively for the Central Government employees. Employees of BSNL/MTNL are PSU employees and are not covered under Sixth Central Pay Commission recommendations. Employees of BSNL/MTNL are governed by the guidelines issued by Department of Public Enterprises.
- DA as per 6th CPC to BSNL Employees
- Free Night calling facility to BSNL Employees – SNEA
- Extension of CGHS facility to retired BSNL employees
- Modifying the liability of BSNL towards the payment of pensionary benefits to the retired employees
- Niti Aayog denies news report that it may consider strategic sale in BSNL and MTNL