DO’s AND DON’Ts FOR BOOKING E-TICKETS THROUGH AGENTS
In order to educate people who book e-tickets through agent outlets and eliminate cases of tampering, overcharging, etc., the following Do’s and Don’ts are prescribed.
1) It should be checked whether the agent outlet is an authorised one. The details of authorized agent outlets are available on the IRCTC website www.irctc.co.in. The photo ID and the authorization certificate of the agent which is prominently displayed at the agent outlet should be verified.
2) Fill up the booking/cancellation request and insist that your mobile number is fed into the system correctly. An SMS will be received on the above mobile number from IRCTC immediately as confirmation of booking. This SMS serves as a valid ticket which can be shown to the TTE along with the following proof of identity (in original) during travel.
Voter identity card/ Passport/ PAN card/ Aadhaar Card (UID)/ Driving Licence/ Photo ID card issued by the Central/State Govt./ Student Identity card with photograph issued by recognised school/college/ Nationalised Bank Pass book with photograph/ Credit card with laminated photograph
3) A print out is not necessary. If a print out is taken, it should be ensured that the name, address and contact number of the principal agent is printed.
4) A receipt for all bookings/cancellations should be insisted upon.
5) E-tickets can be cancelled through the same agent outlet without any additional service charge for cancellation.
1) No additional charges have to be paid other than the following approved service charges per e-ticket (irrespective of the number of passengers)
·First AC, AC 2-tier, AC 3-tier : IRCTC Service charges `.20/- & Agent service charges `.20/-
·Sleeper & Second Sitting : IRCTC Service charges `.10/- & Agent service charges `.10/-.
·Gateway charges as applicable will be added.
2) No charges have to paid for printing or cancellation of tickets.
3) Do not buy e-tickets from agents which are issued between 8 AM and 12 Noon. If anyone is found travelling with such tickets, the ticket is liable to be cancelled and penal action will be initiated under the Railways Act. The website www.irctc.co.in is open exclusively for individual users from 8 AM to 12 Noon.
If the agent demands more than the prescribed service charges, complaint may be lodged at firstname.lastname@example.org (011-23475962) or email@example.com (011-39340000).
Chief Public Relations Officer