Massive Dharna at Jantar Mantar by BHARAT PENSIONERS SAMAJ
New Delhi: On 11.10.2012 Bharat Pensioners’
Samaj staged a ‘Mass Dharna’ of Central Government Pensioners including Railways & Defence from 11.00 A.M onwards at Jantar Mantar here today to press their long pending demands over three hundred delegates from every part of the country representing over 7 lac pensioners.participated The main demands include:
(1) Early implementation of C.A.T/Principal Bench, New Delhi’s Order dated 1-11-2011 regarding implementation of modified parity to pre 1-1-2006 central govt. pensioners and family pensioners with payment of arrears thereof from 1-1-2006 onwards
(2) 50% dearness relief merger benefit to pensioners w.e.f.,1-1-2011
(3) Restoration of commuted portion of pension after 12 years instead of present 15 years
(4) Raising of fixed medical allowance to `1200/-p.m.
(5) Withdrawal of new pension scheme introduced w.e.f. 1-1-2004.
(6) An effective grievance redressal mechanism with strict timeline with punitive clause
(7) Minimum Pension of Rs 3500/- to all superanuated persons including ex-gratia & EPS 95 beneficiaries
(8) Medical attendance &treatment facilities to all superannuated Persons
A Memorandum containing the demands was submitted to the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India.
Secretary General, BPS