All India General Strike on 2nd September 2016 – Joint Platform of Central Trade Unions submits 12 Point Charter of Demands to the Central Government
- Urgent measures for containing price rise through universalization of public distribution system and banning speculative trade in commodity market.
- Containing unemployment through concrete measures for employment generation.
- Strict enforcement of all basic labour laws without any exception or exemption and stringent punitive measures for violation of labour laws.
- Universal social security cover for all workers.
- Minimum wage of not less than 18000/- per month with provisions of indexation (for unskilled worker).
- Assured enhanced pension not less than 3000 p.m for the entire working population (including unorganized sector workers).
- Stoppage of disinvestment in Central/state public sector undertakings.
- Stoppage of contractorisation in permanent/perennial work and payment of same wage and benefits for contract workers as that of regular workers for the same and similar work.
- Removal of all ceilings on payment and eligibility of bonus, provident fund and increase in quantum of gratuity.
- Compulsory registration of trade unions within a period of 45 days from the date of submitting application and immediate ratification of ILO conventions C-87 and C-98.
- No FDI in Railways, Defence and other strategic sectors.
- No unilateral amendment to labour laws.
Demand of the Central Govt. Employees
- Avoid delay in implementing the assurances given by Group of Ministers to NJCA on 30th June 2016, especially increase in minimum pay a fitment formula. Implement the assurance in a time bound manner.
- Settle issues raised by the NJCA, regarding modifications of the 7th CPC recommendations, submitted to Cabinet Secretary on 10th December 2015.
- Scrap PFRDA Act and New Pension System (NPS) and grant Pension/Family Pension to all Central Government employees under CCS (Pension) Rules 1972.
- No privatization, outsourcing, contractorisation of Government functions.
- (i) Treat Gramin Dak Sevaks as Civil Servants and extend all benefits on pay, pension and allowances of departmental employees.
- (ii) Regularise casual, contract, contingent and daily rated workers and grant equal pay and other benefits.
- Fill up all vacant posts by special recruitment. Lift ban on creation of new posts.
- Remove ceiling on compassionate appointments.
- Extend benefit of Bonus Act amendment 2015 on enhancement of payment ceiling to the Adhoc bonus/PLB of Central Govt. employees with effect from the financial years 2014-15. Ensure payment of revised bonus before Pooja holidays.
- Revive JCM functioning at all levels.
Source : http://confederationhq.blogspot.in/