INDIAN NATIONAL DEFENCE WORKERS FEDERATION
Estd 1959 (recognized by Govt. of India)
IMPORTANT ISSUES DISCUSSED IN THE JCM III MEETING OF OFB AND APC MEETING HELD ON 13TH AND 14 JUNE, 2016 AT GUN & SHELL FACTORY,COSSIPORE,KOLKATTA.
On 13.06.2016 JCM preliminary meeting was chaired by Shri N.K. Sinha, Member/Per along with the officers from personnel division of OFB. On 14.06.2016 first half the meeting was held under the chairmanship of DGOF & Chairman, OF Board along with all Board members.
On 14.06.2016 second half, Apex Productivity Council (APC) meeting held.
Initially before the commence of meeting on 14.06.2016 Staff Side members staged a walkout for 5 minutes to show our protest for the delay in settlement of Central Government employees for which strike notice was served.
JCM III MEETING DISCUSSION AND OUTCOME.
1. It was assured from the Official side to conduct the JCM III meetings regularly 3 in a year since there was a gap of about One year between the last meeting and the present one.
2. Chairman appreciated all Factories, workmen, staff and officers as well as Unions/ Associations, Federations for achieving around Rs. 14000 crore output during the year 2015-2016. At the same for the current year target of Rs. 17500 crores needs to be achieved for which all efforts and co-operation needed.
3. Finally, Ministry of Defence approved the proposal of warding 5 marks to Ex-Trade Apprentices of Ordnance Factories for Direct Recruitment. Also after discussion it was agreed to consider increasing the marks from 5 to higher for which proposal will be submitted to Ministry fo Defence.
4. Recruitment Rules (RRs) for Industrial Employees have been finalized and submitted to MoD.
5. Formation of Ordnance Factory Recruitment Cell (OFRC) has been approved by MoD and positioned at Ambajhari. All the vacancies released to factories by OFB from May 2016 will be recruited by OFRC centrally.
6. The directives of Prime Minister’s Office on Solar Energy, Digital India, Skill Development, Swatch Bharat Schemes are being implemented by OFB and will be followed.
7. All disciplinary cases should not be allowed for long pending. There should note be any harassment in delaying. Time schedule will be fixed to monitor in Factories.
8. The sanction strength of all ranks of employees of Ordnance Factories have been fixed at 1.45 lacs. the total strength has been reviewed and scording to work load in Factories and the posts (Industrial Employees ) have been re-distributed by increasing the sanctioned strength. Accordingly around 5000 posts have been released during 2016.
9. Recruitment Rules for Chargeman (T) has been proposed to allow 3 years Diploma eligible for LDCE chargeman post by deleting AICTE condition.
10. Vacancies for LDCE for every year will be released during the month of June and Exams will conducted regularly.
11. To avoid tigations/Court Cased, Vigilance cases, the ambiguites in the Recruitment Rules will be addressed by OFB.
12. The proposed Recruitment Rules for Stare keeper, changeman, Junior Works Manager is now pending at Raksha Mantri’s office.
13. Trade Apprentice Strength will be increased from 2.5% to 10% of the total strength of each factory on 50:50 basis i.e., 50% fresher’s and 50% Ex-ITI candidates. To give proper training facilites will be increased in Factories.
14.It was insisted in the meeting that 3% increment is to be given and fixation of pay should be done under FR 22(1)(a)(i) for MCM on their promotion on Chargeman since they are holding the higher responsibilites as per Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance order. This was agreed to consider.
15. While checker post was abolished, the Checkers were merged with Lower Division Clarke and Storekeeper. That was treated as promotion in some Factories and the some factories it was treated as merger. It was demanded that PC of A (Fys) should review their decision and treat them as merger and grant ACP/MACP benefits. PCof A(Fys) agreed to review their earlier decision.
16. Night Duty Allowance was granted on revised pay of the 6th CPC on the basis of CAT, jodhpur judgement by M of D. But now ceiling Rs.12380/-was imposed subsequently. It was argued that the ceilling is to be lifted as per jodhpur CAT judgement. PC of A(Fys) agreed to reconsider.
17. Time wages for piece worker for 3 1/2 Hours worked on Saturdays was stopped w.e.f.01.04.2006. The issue is pending with OFB. A committee was formed and was demanded to submit to the M of D for payment. The same should be approved by OFB and forwarded to M of D
18. Incentive to Examiners will be finalised after receiving the report of the sub-committee.
19. Employees met with accident whild on duty and expired were granted ex-gratia Rs.10 Lakshs. Also their next kin provided Compassionated appointment. Similarly injured employees who are totally incapaciated should also be considered to provide compassionated appointment after medical board out on out of turn. This was agreed to consider.
20. OCFC, Chandigarh now having only Factory dispensary and after working hours they do not have hospital facilities. After discussion, it was agreed to run the Estate Dispensary for 24 hours with Medical Officer on Call Duty. For other, treatment can be availed under CS (MA) Rules and CGHS recognised hospitals.
Source : http://indwf.blogspot.in