Dearness Relief on Pension / Family Pension to Maharashtra Pensioner
Dearness Relief on Pension / Family Pension.
GOVERNMENT OF MAHARASHTRA
Government Resolution, No.DRP-2010/C/r.68/SER-4,
Mantralaya, Mumbai – 400 032, dated 22nd June, 2010.
Read.- Government Resolution, Finance Department, No.DRP-1009/C/R.83/SER-4
dated 7th October, 2009
Government is pleased to decide that dearness relief shall be paid to the State Government pensioners / family pensioners on their Basic Pension / Family Pension and Dearness Pension / Dearness Family Pension (if any) at the rate of 35% with effect from 1st June 2010.
2. Payment of dearness relief involving a fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
3. It will be the responsibility of the Pension Disbursing Authority, i.e. Pay and Accounts Officer, Mumbai / Treasury Officers, as the case may be, to calculate the quantum of dearness relief payable in each individual case.
4. Government is also pleased to direct that above decision should, mutatis mutandis, apply to those employees including family pensioners of Recognised and Aided Educational Institutions, Non-Agricultural Universities and Affiliated Non-Government Collages and Agricultural Universities to whom the pension scheme is made applicable.
5. In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to Section 248 of the Maharashtra Zilla Parishads and Panchayat Samities Act, 1941(Mah.V of 1962) and of all the other powers enabling it in that behalf, Government is further passed to decide that the above decision shall apply to the pensioners including family pensioners or Zilla Parsihads.
6. State Government Employees who had drawn lumpsum payment on absorption in a PSU/Autonomous body/Local Bodies and have become entitled to restoration of 1/3rd commuted portion of pension as well as revision of the restored amount in terms of Government Resolution, Finance Department, No.COP1099/306/SER-4, dated 15th November 1999 will also be entitled to the payment of dearness relief on full pension as per the provisions of Government Resolution, Finance Department, No.COP1001/50/SER-4, dated 9th April 2001, at the prescribed rate and from the date, prescribed in paragraph 1 above.
7. The expenditure on this account should be debited to the Budget Heads to which the retirement benefits of the employees mentioned in the above paras are debited and should be met from the grants sanctioned thereunder.
8. All orders in force in regard to the payment of relief on pension sanctioned by Government from time to time will, mutatis mutandis, apply to the dearness relief now sanctioned.
9. This Government Resolution is avialable on the web site of Government of Maharashatra i.e., www.maharashtra.gov.in and its computer code number is 20100623134256001.
By order and the name of the Governer of Maharashatra,
Joint Secretary to Government