Office of the PCDA (Pensions), Draupadighat
Dated :- 08/07/2010
1. The Chief Accounts, RBI, Deptt of Govt. Bank Account Central office, C-7 IInd floor Bandra kurla complex, Bandra East, Mumbai – 400051
2. All CMDs of Public Sector Banks.
3. All CMDs of Authorised Private Banks.
4. Director of Treasury & Accounts
5. The Defence Pension Disbursing officer
6. Pay & Accounts officer
7. Military & Air Attche, Indian Embassy (Katmandu) Nepal
8. Director of Accounts, Panji, Goa
9. Financial Secretary, Gangtok, POI, Thimpu
10. The Post Master-Kathua (J&K) and Campbell Bay (Andaman & Nicobar)
Subject: – Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) to the Central Government Pensioners residing in areas not covered under CGHS..
Reference: – This office Circular No. GI/C/0195/Vol-I/Tech dated 28-02-1998.
Attention is invited to this office circular no. No. GI/C/0195/Vol-I/Tech dated 28-02-1998 under which a copy of Govt. of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare, OM No.45/57/97 P&PW (C) dated 19-12-1997 regarding grant of Fixed Medical Allowance @ Rs.100/- PM to Central Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners residing in areas not covered under CGHS was circulated to all Pension Disbursing Authorities (PDAs)
2. As per Govt. of India, Min. of PPG & P, Deptt. of P & PW OM No. 4/25/2008-P&PW (D) dated 26-05-2010, Govt. has decided to enhance the amount of fixed Medical Allowance from Rs.100/- to Rs.300/- per month. The other conditions for grant of Fixed Medical Allowance shall continue to be in force. These orders will take effect from 01-09-2008.
3. A copy of Govt. of India, Min. of PPG & P, Deptt, of P&PW OM No. 4/25/2008-P&PW (D) dated 26-05-2010 is enclosed for immediate implementation and the payment of Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) to be regulated accordingly w.e.f. 01-09-2008. Other conditions for grant of Fixed Medical Allowance circulated in previous circulars will remain unchanged.
4. It is requested that suitable instructions alongwith a copy of this Circular may please be issued to all sub offices under your administrative control for implementation of the above Government order.