Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Department of Health & Family Welfare
New Delhi 110108 dated the 16th September, 2010
The undersigned is directed to invite reference to the Office Memorandum, of even number dated the 17th August, 2010, on the above subject, vide which inter alia revised package rates applicable under CGHS, Chennai were also notified and to state that 1st September, 2010, was intimated as the date from which new rates would become operational. This was done on the presumption that hospital short listed for empanelment under CGHS Chennai would have signed the Memorandum of Agreement with the CGHS by then. It has, however, been observed that only a few hospitals have submitted the Memorandum of Agreement to CGHS. It, therefore, follows that the new rates will become effective only after the hospitals, short listed to be empanelled including the existing empanelled hospitals on the basis of response to the tender floated by the CGHS, have signed the Memorandum of Agreement with the CGHS, Chennai, and such hospitals are notified.
2. After the issue of the above referred Office Memorandum of 17th August, 2010, CGHS has received requests for clarification as to whether they will be categorized as “super-specialty hospitals” and that they can charge rates fixed for Super-specialty hospitals. It is clarified that the entitlement of hospitals to super-specialty rates will not be because they perceive themselves to be super-specialty hospitals, but subject to their fulfilling the eligibility conditions in the tender document for being classified as super-specialty hospitals. The qualifications as mentioned in the tender document, to be eligible for qualifying under different categories of hospitals, are stated below.
“A. CATEGORIES OF HOSPITALS
CGHS would consider the following categories of hospitals for empanelment :
i. General purpose hospitals having 200 or more beds with the following specialties :
General Medicine, General surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Orthopedics(excluding Joint Replacement), ICU and Critical Care units, ENT and Ophthalmology, (Dental specialties- desirable), and facilities for Radiology and in house diagnostic facilities and Blood Bank.
ii. Specialty hospitals (specialties list given below) Hospitals having less than 200 bed can apply as a specialty hospital –provided they have at least 50 beds earmarked for each specialty applied for with at least 30 additional beds. Thus under this category a single specialty hospital would have at least 80 beds. However, under this category a maximum of three specialties is allowed.
? Cardiology , Cardiovascular and Cardiothoracic surgery
? Urology – including Dialysis and Lithotripsy
? Orthopedic- Surgery – including arthroscopic surgery and Joint Replacement
? Endoscope surgery
iii. Super-specialty Hospitals– with 300 or more beds with treatment facilities in at least three of following Super Specialties in addition to Cardiology& Cardio-thoracic Surgery and Specialized Orthopedic Treatment facilities that include Joint Replacement surgery:
• Nephrology & Urology incl. Renal Transplantation
• Gastro-enterology & GI –Surgery incl. Liver Transplantation
• Oncology – (Surgery, Chemotherapy & Radiotherapy)
iii. Cancer hospitals having minimum of 100 beds and all treatment facilities for cancer including radio-therapy (approved by BARC / AERB).
iv. Specialty Eye Centres
v. Dental Clinics
vi. Private hospitals already on the panel of CGHS subject to their fulfilling their relevant eligibility criteria.
B. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
i. The Hospitals must fulfill the requirements of one of the categories of hospitals indicated at (A) above
ii. The hospitals that are not already empanelled by CGHS must be accredited by National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Health Care providers (NABH) or its equivalent such as Joint Commission International(JCI) of USA , ACHS of Australia or by any other accreditation body approved by International Society for Quality in Health Care (ISQua). Must have obtained entry level pre-accreditation from NABH at the time of submission of bid. Such hospitals would however have to obtain final accreditation from NABH by 31 August 2010 failing which they shall be removed from CGHS panel.
iii. Hospitals already on the panel of CGHS must be NABH accredited or equivalent accreditation such as Joint Commission International(JCI) of USA, ACHS of Australia or by any other accreditation body approved by International Society for Quality in Health Care (ISQua).
should have obtained entry level pre-accreditation from NABH.
must have applied for NABH accreditation in pursuance of letter No. Misc. 4006 / 2009/ CGHS/ Comp. Cell dated 12th May 2009.
iv. In house diagnostic laboratory of the hospital must be accredited by National Accreditation Board for Testing & Calibration Laboratories (NABL).
must have applied for NABL accreditation.”
3. Accordingly, a list of hospitals which have qualified for being short-listed for empanelment under CGHS Delhi under different categories, is annexed.
4. The hospitals in the list enclosed are requested, if not done earlier, to submit their acceptance of the rates already notified vide Office Memorandum No. S. 11011/23/2009-CGHS D. II /Hospital Cell (Part VI) dated 17th August 2010 and sign the Memorandum of Agreement on or before 25th September, 2010, failing which action will be initiated to take them off the list of hospitals short listed for empanelment.
MS of all hospitals short listed for emplacement
No: S.11011/23/2009-CGHS D.II/Hospital Cell (Part VI) – ANNEXURE
LIST OF CATEGORY WISE HOSPITALS ELIGIBLE FOR EMPLACEMENT UNDER CGHS, CHENNAI
1 Milt Hospitals – General Purpose incl .Jt replacement
2 Sugam Hospital – General purpose incl .Jt replacement
3 K.J. Hospital Pvt Ltd – Geneal Purpose
4 Csi Kalyani General Hospital – General purpose incl, Cardiology & Cardiovascular Surgery and Jt. Replacement
5 National Hospital – General purpose incl. Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery
6 Sridevihospital – General purpose incl. Jt.replacement.
Soundarapandian Bone And Joint Hospital – Orthopeadics sugery
1 Apollo Hospitals, Chennai – Super Speciality
2 Sri Ramachandra Medical Centre – Super Speciality
EYE CARE Centres
1 Prems eyeclinic
3 Dr Agarwals Eye Hospital Ltd
1 Dr Sethurajan Dental And Maxillofacial Centre
2 Sriram Dental Clinic
3 Dr ramyas Cosmetic Dental Clinic
4 Aridhra Dental Clinic