Biometric machine based Attendance System in the Ministry of Urban Development and Attached Offices.
Government of India
Ministry of Urban Development
Admn. III Section
Room No. 206 ‘C’,
Nirman Bhavan New Delhi, the 30th April, 2010
Sub: Biometric machine based Attendance System in the Ministry of Urban Development and Attached Offices.
As it is aware that the Biometric Attendance System has been in operation in the Ministry and all Attached Offices of the Ministry w.e.f. 15-10-2009.
2. In this context, the undersigned is directed to say that the initial problems relating to operationalisation of Biometric machine based Attendance System have been sorted out and now the system has been made fully operational. As such, all the members of staff of Ministry as well as attached offices may ensure that they invariably mark their attendance in the Bio-metric Attendance system. The timings recorded in the system for generation of various reports are as given below:-
(Table is given below…)
3. However, officer / officials working in the Ministry (Main) who attend office after the timings mentioned in column (6) above are requested to mark their attendance in the Bio-metric machine installed a Gate No. 1.
4. All Attached offices of the Ministry viz. DG (W) CPWD; the Directorate of Estates & the Directorate of Printing may fix the roaster dity of their staff in view of timings mentioned above. They may consider keeping the biometric machines at their respective gates open for marking of attendance by officers/ officials who arrive / leave office after the respective timings mentioned above. They may ensure safety of the respective machines in consultation with CISF, if considered necessary.
5. In this regard, he following procisions are also brought to the notice of all concerned for information:-
(i) Late coming beteen 15 to 30 minutes can be relaxed keeping in view the transport problem or any other unforeseen eventuality subject to the condition that the duration of late coming is compensated by sitting late in the evening, preferably the same day or any other day of the week.
(ii) In exceptional cases like consultation with doctors in CGHS Dispensary / hospitals / attending social obligation, etc. late coming I the morning / early departure in the afternoon upto two hours (maximum) will be allowed subject to the condition that prior intimation / approval of the immediate superior officer has been obtained and the duration of late coming / early departure is compensated by devoting such extra hours of work so as to ensure that the 40 hour work schedule for the entire week is maintained.
6. As regards Ministry of U.D. (Main), the Divisional Heads may obtain a copy of the requisite attendance reports, if they so desire, for monitoring the attendance / punctuality of their respective staff.
7. The complaint, if any, relating to working etc of Bio-metric machine may be made directly with M / s R.S. Barcorders Pvt. Ltd. (Tele: 25518920-23 & Mobile No. 9811118580) under intimation to this office.
Under Secretary (Admn.)
|Name of Deptt.||Office Timings||Timings:|
|1.||Ministry (Main)||9.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.||9.00 a.m. to 9.10 a.m.||9.10 a.m. to9.40 a.m||After 9.40a.m.|
|2.||Directorate of Printing||9.30 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.||9.30 a.m. to9.40a.m.||9.40 a.m. to 10.10 a.m.||After 10.10 a.m.|
|3.||Directorate of Printing||9.30 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.||9.30 a.m. to 9.40 a.m.||9.40 a.m. to 10.10 a.m.||After 10.10 a.m.|
|4.||DG(W),CPWD||9.30 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.||9.30 a.m. to 9.40 a.m.||9.40 a.m. to 10.10 a.m.||After 10.10 a.m.|