Letter No. 848/ BPE/2011/ Dated: 06.01.2011
Thiru. K. Shanmugam, l.A.S.,
Principal Secretary to Government
The Chief Executive Officers of all State Public Sector Undertakings/ Statutory Boards.
Sub: State Public Sector Undertakings / Boards – Payment of Adhoc bonus & Special ex-gratia to employees of State Public Sector Undertakings/ Boards and Pongal Prize to Pensioners / Family Pensioners of Statutory Boards / State Transport Undertakings – Orders – Issued.
Ref: 1. G.O.Ms.No. 373, Finance (BPE) Dept. Dated: 24.09.2010.
2. G.O.Ms.No. 1, Finance (Allowances) Dept. Dated: 3.1.2011
3. G.O.Ms.No. 2, Finance (Pension) Dept. Dated: 3.1.2011.
In the G.O. first cited, Government have issued orders for sanction of bonus and ex-gratia to the employees of State Public Sector Undertakings, who are equivalent to C & D group employees in Government departments, for the year 2009-10 in relaxation of the salary ceiling of Rs. 10000/- prescribed in the Payment of Bonus Act,1965. In respect of employees of A & B Groups who are not governed by the Payment of Bonus Act, 1965, it was decided to issue separate orders, as and when any special ex-gratia is paid to Government employees during Pongal Festival 2011.
2. Now, in the Government Order second cited, it was ordered that a regular and temporary Government employees, employees of Local Bodies and Aided Educational Institutions including teachers on regular time scales of pay in C & D groups be paid the Adhoc bonus equivalent to 30 days emoluments on a base of 30 days a month for the financial year 2009-10. Employees in Group A & B who are not covered under the bonus scheme and are not entitled to get any Adhoc bonus was also sanctioned a special Adhoc bonus of Rs. 1000/-. In Government Order third cited, orders were issued for the sanction of a lump sum amount of Rs. 500/- to all pensioners including Adhoc pensioners of all categories and family pensioners of Government including All India Service, Aided Educational Institutions and Local Bodies.
3. In view of the orders issued in the Government Orders cited, the Chief Executive Officers of all State Public Sector Undertakings/ Boards are permitted to sanction :-
i) A special ex-gratia of Rs. 1000/- (Rupees One thousand only) for the Pongal Festival 2011 to all the employees of State Public Sector Undertakings / Boards belonging to A & B Groups, who are in the
supervisory cadre and other employees who are not covered under the Payment of Bonus Act, 1965 and have not received bonus during the Deepavali Festival 2010.
ii) In respect of C & D group employees of Statutory Boards who are not covered under the Payment of Bonus Act,1965 and who have not received bonus during Deepavali, 2010, adhoc bonus equivalent to 30
days emoluments on a base of 30 days a month be paid for the financial year 2009-10, subject to the conditions mentioned in the G.O.Ms.No. 1, Finance (Allowances) Department, Dated: 3.1.2011.
iii) In respect of pensioners / family pensioners of the Statutory Boards and State Transport Undertakings a lumpsum Pongal prize amount of Rs. 500/- be paid as in the case of Government pensioners / family
pensioners, subject to conditions laid down in G.O.Ms.No. 2, Finance (Pension) Department, Dated:3.1.2011.
4. This letter may be placed before the Board of Directors for adoption.