Implementation of National Scheme of “Incentive to Girls for Secondary Education” – Release of amount for the year 2009-2010 – Orders issued.
Centrally Sponsored Scheme – Implementation of National Scheme of “Incentive to Girls for Secondary Education” – Release of amount for the year 2009-2010 – Orders issued.
1. From the Deputy Secretary to Government of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of School Education and Literacy, Secondary Scholarship Division, New Delhi. Letter No.F.
7-18/2009-SS, Dated: 3.6.2010 and 22.11.2010.
2. From the Director of School Education, Chennai-6. Letter No.42152.E/E4/2009, Dated: 22.11.2010.
In the year 2008, the Government of India have launched a new Centrally Sponsored Scheme called “Incentive to Girls for Secondary Education”. As per the Scheme, a sum of Rs. 3000/- will be deposited in the name of each eligible girls and she would be entitled to withdraw it on reaching 18 years of age.
Salient features of the Scheme:-
(i) All SC/ST Girls who pass Class VIII and enroll in Class IX in State Government, Government Aided or Local Body Schools in the academic year 2008-09 onwards; and
(ii) All girls who pass Class VIII from Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas (irrespective of whether from SC/ST or not) and enroll in Class IX in State Government, Government Aided or Local Body Schools in the academic year 2008-09 onwards; and
(iii) The girl should be unmarried and below 16 years of age (as on 31st March) on joining Class IX; and
(iv) The girls studying in class IX in private unaided schools and the schools run by Central Government are also excluded from the scheme.
Release of Funds:-
(i) the Government of India will release the funds in two installments every year.
(ii) the first installment will be released immediately after verifying the proposal and after obtaining the recommendation of the Grant-inAid Committee of the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
(iii) the second installment will be released after the receipt of theUtilization of Certificate on 1st installment and progress report from the State Government.
(iv) the Grants to State Governments will be remitted through Inter Government Adjustment Advice or through Banking Channel. This would include direct transfer of grants to the accounts of the beneficiaries through the banking channel.
(v) The Headmasters of the schools where the beneficiary students are studying should open Zero Balance Accounts of all the beneficiaries with the nearby State Bank of India or public sector banks.
2. In the letter first read above, the Government of India have sanctioned a sum of Rs.32,75,10,000/- (Rupees Thirty Two Crore Seventy Five Lakh and Ten Thousand only) to cover 109170 beneficiaries under Centrally Sponsored Scheme “Incentive to Girls for Secondary Education”. For 2009-10 the Government of India has requested this Government to deposit the above sanctioned amount with the State Bank of India, Main Branch, Sansad Marg, New Delhi along with the details of the beneficiaries like the name, father’s name, the name of the bank and its address, account number etc. so that the State Bank of India may issue a Fixed Deposit Certificate to the beneficiaries of the State under the Scheme.
3. The Accountant General (A&E) Tamil Nadu has reported that the amount of Rs.32,75,10,000/- (Rupees Thirty Two Crore, Seventy Five Lakh and Ten Thousand only) has been credited in the accounts of the Tamil Nadu Government. The Director of School Education in his letter 2nd read above has requested the Government to issue orders releasing the above amount to enable him to deposit the amount with State Bank of India, New Delhi.
4. The Government have carefully examined the proposal of Director of School Education and accordingly sanction is accorded for release of a sum of Rs.32,75,10,000/- (Rupees Thirty Two Crore Seventy Five Lakh and Ten Thousand only) towards the expenditure on implementing the Centrally Sponsored Scheme of “Incentive to Girls for Secondary Education” for the year 2009-2010.
5. The expenditure sanctioned in the para 4 above shall be debited to the following head of account :-
“2202 General Education- 02 Secondary Education-800 other expenditure – Schemes in the Eleventh five year plan III Centrally Sponsored – SI Incentive to girls for Secondary Education – 09 Grants in aid – 09 others” (DPC 2202-02-800-SI 0993)
6. The Director of School Education is requested to draw and deposit the amount in the State Bank of India, Main Branch, Sansad Marg, New Delhi in the Account No.30643488811 as advised by the Government of India.
7. This order issues with the concurrence of Finance Department vide its U.O.No.15/DSKM/Edn II/11, dated 22.01.2011