No.21/1/2011-CS. I (P)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Lok Nayak Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated the 14st February, 2011
Sub: Non-relieving of CSS officers under transfer on Rotational Transfer or on Promotion — reg.
This has reference to the notification NO.1/8/09-CS.I (P) dated 17.9.2010 amending Rule 19 of CSS Rules 2009 prescribing the time limit of 45 days within which CSS officers under transfer, either on Rotational Transfer or on promotion, must be relieved of their duties in their present Ministries/Departments. It was also laid down in the CSS (Amendment) Rules 2010 that if an officer is not relieved within forty-five days or such further period as referred to in sub-rule (1). the officer shall be ‘deemed’ to have been relieved by the cadre-unit in which he is working and thereafter the officer shall not be entitled to draw any salary and allowances for the period of such overstay from the cadre unit from where the cadre officer was transferred.
2. It is noticed that some of the Ministries/Departments are not complying with the provision of the amended Rule 19 of CSS of 2010 on the pretext that references have been made by them to this Department against the transfer orders.
3. While every effort is made to immediately reply to the aforesaid references against transfers, it is sometimes not possible to do so due to a large number of such references being received in DOP&T.
4. Mere references being made to DOP&T against such transfer/promotion orders by some cadre units cannot be taken as a plea for non-implementation of DOP&T’s orders within the prescribed time limit. It is, therefore, once again reiterated that in case a reply from this Department, extending the time limit for relieving of the officer is not received, the Ministries/Departments must relieve the concerned officers within the original time limit.
5. This may please be noted for strict compliance by all Ministries/Departments.
6. This issues with the approval of secretary(p)
Director (CS.I )