No. E(W)2008/PS 5-1/38
The General Managers
All Zonal Railways and
Sub: Revised travel entitlements of gazetted officers on duty passes, privilege passes and post retirement complimentary passes.
Consequent upon revision of Pay Scales on the basis of decision of the Government on the recommendations of the 6th Central Pay Commission, the question of revision of existing entitlements for travel on duty passes, privilege passes/PTOs and post-reitrement complimentary passes in the case of gazetted officers has been under consideration of this Ministry.
2. The matter has been examined and the President is pleased to decide that the entitlements of different categones of gazetted officers for travel on (i) duty and (ii)privilege passes/PTOs and post retirement complimentary passes shall be as per Annexure-1 and 2 respectively.
3. In all other respects, the extant provisions of the Railway Servants (Pass) Rules,1986 (Second Edition, 1993) will continue to apply.
4. Necessary amendment to the Railway Servants (Pass) Rules, 1986 (Second Edition,1993) shall follow.
5. The revised entitlements would take effect from 06-01-2011.
6. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
7. Hindi version will follow.
8. Receipt of this letter may please be acknowledged.
Source: Indian Railways