No: REC-!/2008/ JD(r.)/CGHS/CGHS(P)
Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Department of Health & Family Welfare
Maualana Azad Road, Nirman Bhawan.
New Delhi 110 108 dated the 28th January 2011.
Subject: Empanelment of private Exclusive Cancer hospitals/Units under CGHS
With a view to ensuring comprehensive health care to CGHS beneficiaries, CGHS has been, apart from the Government Hospitals, empanelling private hospitals and diagnostic centres by floating tendsers periodically. The latest tender process in this context commenced in the second half of 2009 and through this process package rates for different treatment procedures and investigations have been notified in 2010-2011. As a part of this process, certain hospitals and diagnosic centres which have accepted these rates amd also signed MOAs with CGHS have been notified in some of the CGHS cities. However, there are few or no rates exclusively for Cancer surgery procedures, even though rates were notified for procedures under Radiotheraphy and Chemotherapy. Therefore, there has been no or little response from Exclusive Cancer hospitals/Units under CGHS in almost all the cities, with the result a situation has arisen where CGHS is not in a position to provide to its beneficiaries the requisite health care for Cancer treatment.
2. The matter has been examined by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare and it is now decided to invite applications from NABH accredited exclusive Cancer hospitals/ Cancer units, having 100 beds and above in Metro cities and 50 beds and above in non-metro cities exclusively for Cancer treatment and offering comprehensive cancer chemotheraphy (Surgical Onology, Medical Oncology and Radio-therapy). Their empanelment may be considered subject to acceptance of the following conditions:
· Rates of Tata Memorial Hospitals, Mumbai (2009), as mentioned under ‘B’ category for Cancer surgical procedures are treated as CGHS rates for treatment in Semi private ward with 10% decrease for GI. Ward and 15% enhancement for Private ward entitled patients.
· Room rent, Investigation rates and procedure charges for Chemotheraphy shall be as per CGHS prescribed rates of concerned city.
· The categorization of surgeries shall be same as per the categorization of TMH.
· The duration of treatment for different categories of Surgery will be as follows:
Category-I ……………….1-2 days
Category-II ……………….3-5 days
(7-10 days in respect of operations involving Abdominal/ thoracic cavity)
Category III , IV & V ……..14 days
The super-specially rates of CGHS Delhi for Cancer Radio-theraphy shall be applicable as CGHS rates for Cancer RAdiotheraphy.
Chemotheraphy medicines shall be procured form CGHS wherever feasible and and as per available brand. In case, medicines are supplied by hospital, they shall provide the same on credit to pensioners and shall offer a discount of 10% on MRP.
Consulation fee as per CGHS rates for NABH Accredited hospitals.
In case, the exclusive cancer hospital/unit has only applied for NABH accreditation, empanelment under CGHS would be considered provisionally and a 15% deduction would be applicable to the rates prescribed for cancer hospitals. However, such hospitals would be de-empanelled without any further notice, if they fail to obtain NABH Accreditation within 180 days of empanelment.
3. The Last date for submission of Applications is 28th February 2011.
4. The application form for the empanelment of Cancer Hospitals/Units can be downloaded from the website of CGHS, www.mohfw.nic.in\cghsnew\index.asp
This issues with the concurrence of Internal Finance Division in the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, vide Dy. No AS & Fa/4265 dated 29.11.2010.
Under Secretary to Govt. of India
Source: Min.of HF&W