Rajasthan State Government hike Dearness Allowance by 7%
After the Union Cabinet gave nod to increase the Dearness allowance to Central Government employees, immediately following that the State Government of Rajasthan has approved the same as 7% increase in Dearness allowance from 1.7.2011 to its employees. Now the total Dearness allowance raised from 51% to 58%. We hope this is the first announcement came from the State Governments, after the Central Government.
The arrears for the month of July and August would be credited in the employee’s General Provident Fund (GPF) account, and from September would be paid in cash to all employees, sources said. Employees appointed on or after 1.1.2004, who are all covered under New Pension Scheme, they will get the increased Dearness allowance in cash. This decision makes more delighted to 7 lakh serving employees and 3 lakh pensioners too. Minimum Rs.400 and Rs.2000 will be of maximum benefit.