Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Department of Health & Family Welfare
Nirman Bhawan. Maulana Azad Road
New Delhi 110 108
No. S 11012/3/2011- CGHS (P)
Dated: the 29th December. 2011
Sub: Issue of Individual Plastic Cards to CGHS beneficiaries – regarding
The undersigned is directed to Invite reference to this Ministry’s O.M No. Misc. 6024/2007/CGHS (HQ)/CGHS(P) dated 30th December, 2009 wherein guidelines on issue of individual Plastic cards to each CGHS beneficiary (serving and retired) were issued. In order to further streamline the issue of CGHS Plastic Cards, the guidelines are revised as follows:
NEW PROCEDURE FOR ISSUE OF CGHS CARDS IN DELHI & NCR
(A) SERVING EMPLOYEES
1. CGHS Cards shall be issued only to the eligible Central Government employees and such class of persons as may he decided by the Government whose place of residence is situated within the coverage area of CGHS.
2. Requisition for CGHS Cards shall be prepared in duplicate in Form ‘A’. One copy to be forwarded to Additional Director (HQ), CGHS, New Delhi and the other to be retained with the Department where the applicant is currently employed (hereinafter referred to as ‘sponsoring authority/Ministry/ Department) for record.
3. The requisition shall be sponsored by an officer in charge of administration not below the rank of Under Secretary.
4. Requisitions for CGHS Cards shall be accompanied by two copies of recent 3×5 cm. size individual photographs of all family members of the government employee, one set of which shall be pasted on the application form and shall be attested by a Gazetted Officer in charge of administration. Another set of photographs shall be signed on the back by the concerned beneficiary and enclosed with the application form for onward submission to the Office of Additional Director (HQ), CGHS. New Delhi.
5. Requisitions shall be sent along with two copies of the challan as in Form ‘C’ duly filled in, to the Additional Director (HQ), CGHS, New Delhi.
6. The Office of Additional Director (HQ). New Delhi shall process the requisition forms and get the cards prepared in the prescribed format which shall then be delivered to the concerned sponsoring authorities as per the laid down procedure.
7. CGHS Cards will be delivered only to the person authorised by the sponsoring authority after obtaining an acknowledgement in Form ‘D’.
8. The sponsoring authority shall ensure that the government employee, for whose family members the CGHS Cards are made out, gives a proper receipt on taking delivery of card(s) by putting his/her signature.
9. On the occurrence of death, CGIHS cards issued to a government employee shall be withdrawn and deposited by the Administration of his/her Department with Additional Director (HQ), CGHS, New Delhi for cancellation.
10.In case of change in entitlement for CGHS facilities, the Government employee shall enclose the CGHS card(s) with the application for issuing new card(s) with the revised entitlement.
11. In case of mutilation, the mutilated CGHS Card shall be enclosed with the application along with the challan in token of payment of the prescribed charges for issuing a new card.
12.CGHS Card(s) may be issued to employees of autonomous bodies (if CGHS facility is allowed to such body) under the Administrative Ministries of
Government of India in accordance with the procedure prescribed above. Officers of a rank equivalent or corresponding to Under Secretary In such autonomous bodies though not enjoying Secretariat status shall be the requisitioning authority and certifying authority in respect of such employees.
13.CGHS Card(s) for employees of autonomous bodies attached to the Ministries will be issued only if the employee is residing within the CGHS covered areas.
14.Duplicate cards may be issued on payment of prescribed fee with the details of the lost / misplaced cards. For Issue of duplicate cards, the same procedure shall be followed by the concerned employee and his/her sponsoring authority/Department /Office.
15.The employees should be encouraged to submit their applications online by using the CGHS portal. After online submission of the application from they should take a print out of the same and submit the hard copy duly signed and photographs affixed thereon, to the sponsoring authority for processing and onward submission to the Office of Additional Director (HQ), CGHS for issuing the cards. Detailed instructions for online submission of applications are at APPENDIX.
16.The plastic cards issued by CGHS shall be valid for a period of five years from the date of issue. The validity period shall also be indicated on the card.
Click here to continue the O.M.