Steps to fill up vacancies in CBI
The vacancy positions in CBI as on 18.4.2012 is as under:-
|Cadre||Sanctioned Strength||Available Strength||Vacancy|
The occurrence and filling up of vacancies are continuous processes. Despite some vacancies in CBI, speedy investigation of various cases is ensured through effective use and deployment of existing personnel.
The Central Government has approved a scheme for engagement of Special Prosecutors and Assistant Special Prosecutors on contract basis. Till date 43 Special Prosecutors/Assistant Special Prosecutors have been engaged on contract basis.
The Central Government inter alia has taken following steps to fill up the vacancies:-
· 43 Special Prosecutors/Assistant Special Prosecutors have been appointed.
· Proposal for appointment of 75 posts in Technical Ranks on contract basis have been approved; out of which 45 Technical Experts have been appointed.
· Proposal for appointment of Law/Pairvi Officers etc. for 741 newly created Special Additional Courts for CBI on contract basis has been approved.
· Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has nominated 96 Sub-Inspector candidates. Out of them, 54 candidates have joined CBI.
· Fresh requisition for 110 dossiers of Sub-Inspector in CBI has been sent to SSC.
· 78 Constables of various Central Police Organisation (CPOs)/States Police have already been selected to join CBI on deputation basis.
· 228 dossiers of Senior Clerk Steno (SCS) and 244 of Lower Division Clerk (LDC) have been received from SSC. Out of them, 124 SCS and 189 LDCs have joined.
· All CPOs as well as State Police have been requested to send nomination of officers/officials for deputation in CBI.
This was stated by Minister of State in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions and PMO, Shri V. Narayanasamy in written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha today.