New Time Table Comes into Effect from 1st July 2012
The Ministry of Railways has released its new All India Railway Time Table known as “TRAINS AT A GLANCE (TAG)” which has come into effect from 1st July, 2012. In addition to this All India Time table, all the 17 zonal Railways have also released their zonal railway time tables which too have come into effect from 1st July, 2012. Passengers are advised to refer to the new timings w.e.f. 1st July 2012 before starting the journey. The new Trains at a Glance will also be shortly uploaded on Railways’ official website i.e. www.indianrailways.gov.in.
The salient features of Trains at a Glance-2012 are as under:
1. Encouraged by the public response over the past few years all the user-friendly features of Trains at a Glance viz. how to read a table, route map, station index, trains between important stations, station code index, Train number index, Train name index, has been retained.
2. Commercial information of passenger use and interest viz. advance reservation period, reservation through internet, refund rules and rail travel concessions have been suitably updated. New addition to the fare chart is the fare for AC and mixed type of Duronto services.
3. Information regarding Vigilance organization, Public grievance machinery, disaster management and catering services have been incorporated.
4. Railway Budget 2012-13 announcements: The details of all the train services announced and which have been incorporated in the Trains at a Glance are as under:
|Name of services||No. of service|
|Fully AC Express||07|
|Double Decker AC||02|
5. 113 new trains, 39 extension and 23 increase in frequency of existing trains have been announced in the Railway Budget 2012-13 and these have been incorporated in the TAG-2012.
6. Within the next one month, 37 new trains, 29 extensions of train services and increase in frequency of 7 trains are likely to be introduced.