INDWF (Indian National Defence Workers Federation) : Brief of discussion held on the meeting of the Sub-Committee on National Anomaly Committee on MACP held on 27.7.2012
During the National Anomaly Committee meeting held on 17.07.2012, it was insisted by the Staff side of the National Anomaly committee to convene a Special meeting of the Joint Committee to discuss the issues concernment to MACP was agreed and accordingly the meeting was convened on 27.07.2012 at North Block, New Delhi. From this meeting on behalf of INTUC/INDWF Shri. M.Ragaiviah, Leader Staff Side, JCM (NC) and Vice president All India INTUC as well as General Secretary, NFIR attended the meeting.
The Brief discussions and decisions held in the meeting are given below:
1. GRANT OF MACP IN THE PROMOTIONAL HIERAARCHY AS WAS GIVEN IN ACP SCHEME:
The Staff side insisted that the benefit of Financial Upgradation should be only on the basis of Promotional Hierarchy as was given in the ACP scheme introduced from, 09.08.1999. The Grade Pay of Rs.2000/- which are not in the promotional Hierarchy for all categories of employees like Technicians, Clerical Staff Storekeeping staffs etc., should be deleted and the benefit of MACP should be given on\Promotional Hierarchy.
After prolonged discussions it was agreed by the Official Side to given option to the individual employees to choose either ACP Scheme or MACP Scheme, whichever is beneficial to them.
2. DATE OF EFFECT OF MACP SCHEME:
The MACP scheme which was introduced from w.e.f. 01.09.2008 was demanded by the Staff side to give effect w.e.f. 01.01.2006, i.e., 10/20/30 years which was considered to be examined by the official side.
3. TREATMENT OF EMPLOYEES SELECTED UNDER LDCE SCHEME
In the light of the instructions issued when the ACP scheme was introduced, the same policy be adopted and accordingly orders will be issued. In other word, those inducted through LDCE Scheme, such induction may be counted as appointment and will not be reckoned as promotion.
4. PROBLEMS FACED IN THE IDENTICAL GRANDE PAY:
It was agreed to issue instructions for granting additional increment for fixation of Pay in case of promotion to the same Grade Pay.
Instruction in this regard will be issued to all Ministries.
5. FINANCIAL UPGRADATION UNDER MACPS IN THE CASE OF STAFF WHO JOINED ANOTHER UNIT/ORGANISATION ON REQUEST.
The Staff side has pointed out that OM dated 01.11.2010 should be suitable amended covering the staff who were transferred on request on reversion to the Unit/Organisation so that the total service rendered in the previous Unit/Organisation may be counted for MACPS.
It was agreed to consider.
6. EXTENSION OF BENEFIT OF MACPS TO AN EXPLOYEE APPOINTED IN GRADE WHERE DIRECT RECRUITMENT ELEMENT IS THERE WHILE IGNORING SERVICE AND PROMOTION RENDERED PRIOR TO HIS APPIONTMENT IN THE POST:
Official Side reiterated that suitable clarification No.5 of OM Dated 09.09.2010 was already issued.
Staff Side stated that this will be checked up.
7. STEPPING UP OF PAY OF SENIOR INCUMBENTS AT PAR WITH JUNIOR INCUMBENTS AS A CONSEQUENCE OF ACP/MACPS.
Staff side has explained the case of gross injustice done, the Junior incumbents who have cleared their promotional examination are drawing less pay than those who could not qualify the said examination and got the benefit of MACPs.
It was agreed to consider.
8. REGULATION OF PROBATION/TRAINING PERIOD UNDER MACPS
Where training/Probation period is counted for promotion, the period will also be counted for MACPS.
9. APPLICATION OF MACPS TO THE SUIRPLUS STAFF RE-DEPLOYED TO LOWER POSTS IN OTHER CADRES/ORGANISATIONS
Regular service rendered by the surplus staff in previous organisation shall be counted towards regular service in the new organisation for the purpose of MACP benefits.
10. PLACEMENT SHOULD NOT BE TREATED AS PROMOTION
The staff side insisted that the “PLACEMENT” should not be treated as “PROMOTION” for the purpose of granting financial upgradation under MACP scheme.
The Official Side has agreed to examine the matter.
11. Placement of staff as a result of upgradation of posts:
The Staff Side insisted that such placements should not be considered as promotion for the purpose of grant of financial upgradation under MACP Scheme.
Official Side state that this will be examined.