Enhancement of amount of Ex-Gratia payable to Reservists and families of Reservists.
OFFICE OF THE PR. CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS (PENSIONS)
DRAUPADI GHAT, ALLAHABAD- 211014
Circular No. 521
Subject: – Enhancement of amount of Ex-Gratia payable to Reservists and families of Reservists.
Reference: -This office circular No. 278 dated 29.03.2001.
Consequent on issue of Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence letter No 1(06)/2010-D (Pen/Policy) dated 22.11.2013 (copy enclosed), the existing amount of ex-gratia of Rs. 600/- per month being paid to Reservists and the amount of ex¬gratia of Rs. 605/- p.m. being paid to dependents members of families i.e. widows and dependents children of deceased beneficiaries has been revised w.e.f. 4th June 2013 at the following rates.
S. No. Kind of recipients Enhanced amount of basic monthly exgratia
1. Reservists Rs. 750/-
2. Widows and dependent children of the deceased Reservists Rs. 645/-
2. Dearness ex-gratia equal to 50% of the enhanced amount of ex-gratia and Dearness Relief, as notified from time to time, on the sums of enhanced amounts of ex-gratia and dearness ex-gratia shall also be admissible to them.
3. The other terms and conditions for grant of ex-gratia and dearness relief prescribed in this Ministry’s letter No. 10(7)192/D(Pension/Services) dated 30.03.1992 (for families of deceased Reservists) and No. B/39042/AG/PS-4 (a&c)/1331/C/D/(Pen/Sers) dated 29.12.2000 (for Reservists) as modified from time to time, shall continue to be followed.
4. In view of above all Pension Disbursing Agencies are hereby authorized to step up the ex-gratia amount to Reservists and families of Reservists of the affected Reservists who were discharged prior to 01.04.1968 who having rendered minimum qualifying service required for grant of pension, had opted/ accepted for lump sum amount of gratuity at the time of release from service and have not availed benefits of rehabilitation assistance granted by the Government and were not in receipt of any other pension. This enhance amount is payable with effect from 4th June 2013.
5. It is also intimated that in case of recipient of ex-gratia to whom benefits accrues under the provisions of this letter has died/dies before receiving the payments of arrears, the life time arrears of ex-gratia will be paid as per extant Government orders in this regard.
6. It is requested that copy of this circular may please be circulated to all the PDAs under your jurisdiction in order to ensure prompt action for the revision of ex¬gratia payment. It is also requested that an intimation regarding disbursement of enhanced ex-gratia will be sent to this office in the enclosed Proforma with copy to recipient concerned for their information.
7. This circular has been uploaded on PCDA (P) website www.pcdapension.nic.in to disseminate among the Defence pensioners and PDAs.
Asstt. CDA (P)