Revision of Forms under the General Provident Fund (Central Services) Rules, 1960 and Contributory Provident Fund Rules (India), 1962 – regarding Pensioner Portal Order:-
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, P.G. & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi
June 19, 2014
Sub: Revision of Forms under the General Provident Fund (Central Services) Rules, 1960 and Contributory Provident Fund Rules (India), 1962 – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to state that the Department of Pension &PW has been in the process of reviewing Forms for Pensionary/retirement benefits and Nominations under the various Rules administered by this Department for some time.
2. The Forms under the CCS (Pension) Rules, CCS (Commutation of Pension) Rules and Payment of Arrears of Pension (Nomination) Rules have been amended and notified in the Gazette of India (Extraordinary), which are available on this department’s website www.persmin.nic.in.
3. The Forms under the General Provident Fund Rules and Contributory Provident Fund Rules have been looked into and the revised Forms are enclosed hereto.
4. It is re-emphasized that there is no provision under the rules for an application by the employee for payment of final Payment/transfer of balance on retirement or discharge or dismissal or permanent transfer outside the Govt. The Head of Office shall take necessary action in Form 1 in such cases without asking the Government servant to apply for the same.
In all other cases of withdrawal from the General/Contributory Provident Fund, the subscriber shall apply in Form 4. Head of Office will also ensure that such payment/transfers be made on time. There should be no additional liability on the Government on account of interest payment.
5. The Forms have been re-designed so that the Drawing and Disbursing Officer, the Head of Office and any other authority concerned in terms of the rules may record their remarks on the Forms and no separate noting in the note sheet is required, except in special cases warranting an examination of the facts of the case etc.
6. All Ministries/Departments are requested to give wide publicity to these Forms and instruct the authorities concerned to use these forms henceforth.